Colorado Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP)
AGEP Assistantship Award Program
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has awarded CSU, in alliance with the University of Colorado-Boulder, a grant to support the Colorado Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP). NSF's AGEP Program seeks to significantly increase the number of underrepresented minority students (African American, Hispanic, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander, and those enrolled in American Indian and Alaskan Native tribes) who have been historically underrepresented in obtaining graduate degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). The long term goal of the AGEP Program is to support students to earn their PhDs and seek careers as university professors.
Review the list of eligible STEM graduate programs at CSU.
Please contact us with your questions about the program (see AGEP FACULTY link). As a committed group of AGEP graduate advisors, we invite you to apply.
Students Eligible for an AGEP Award:
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree in a STEM discipline that meets the graduate program’s requirements (Contact individual departments for details.)
- Are underrepresented minority students who are US citizens/Permanent Residents
- Have earned an undergraduate GPA minimum of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale
- Will be first-year STEM graduate students
- Plan to pursue PhDs and seek careers as university professors
- Have been admitted to the Graduate School and a STEM graduate program
- Contact AGEP FACULTY for AGEP award information
- Should have completed the application process by February 15 for full consideration
Requirements of Awardees:
- Maintain a 3.00 GPA
- Participate in AGEP community events
- Maintain status as a full-time student
Benefits to Awardees:
- Year one: $15,000 award
- In addition to $15K, 10-20 hours/week paid assistantship year one & throughout graduate career with corresponding tuition payment depending on hours of assistantship
- Professional development meetings
- Committed AGEP FACULTY mentors
- In-state residency in year one. Eligible for Colorado residency after one year; must apply for residency in fall prior to initial matriculation
Each eligible student must apply and be admitted to the CSU Graduate School and STEM doctoral program or master’s program leading to a PhD degree. Students complete two admission forms: the department’s - see department website and graduate school’s application page. Once accepted, the admitting department head and AGEP FACULTY member nominate the student for the AGEP award. To be nominated a student must be in one of the STEM graduate programs.
World-Class Learning & Research
World-class teaching and research work together to produce a top-ranked educational experience for Colorado State University graduate students. CSU is consistently ranked as one of the nation’s top academic institutions in a wide variety of categories—from teaching and learning to research and student achievement in laboratories and classrooms. Its strong reputation as a Carnegie Doctoral/Research University-Extensive is well founded. What makes a CSU education unique for AGEP awardees is that a core of faculty, dedicated to diversity, serve as their advisors and mentors.
World-Class Living at Colorado State University
Resting against the foothills of the Rockies, Fort Collins’ location provides easy access to the mountains or Denver’s big-city life. From camping and fishing to world-class shopping, professional sports and nightlife, you’ll find it within a reasonable drive. And with 300 days of sunshine a year, you will be able to take year-round advantage of it all while enjoying the Colorado sun!
CSU is a place that celebrates diversity. From its cultural centers to its campus opportunities, people and ideas are welcomed for the richness their contributions make to the CSU community.
Come visit and see for yourself!
- Students work directly with AGEP FACULTY in their departments of interest regarding a nomination for the AGEP Assistantship Award. Learn about AGEP FACULTY here
- CSU’s Graduate School Website lists all graduate programs and degrees here